Featured Post

Thursday evening open thread

  Pretty quiet here; what about where you are? It looks like we might get more rain tonight, after a nice sunny day, which is the way to do ...

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Sunday Evening OT

 Let me see if I can figure this blog thingy out...


This is basically what things look like out my window right now. Winter has arrived! (For now anyway.) I embraced it and listened to some folk and indie Christmas/ winter playlists on youtube. I think my goal is to be sick of xmas music well before the 24th.

We're back in a lockdown tomorrow, just in time to crush holiday shopping for small, independent businesses. Amazon, however, continues to suck up all the money in the world at a frightening rate. If at all possible, if anyone is buying anything in the next little bit, let's try to keep it in our local shops. My little neighbourhood has had a lot of construction too, so the small businesses here have already been struggling. The different levels of government are promising more relief for people in the areas with lockdowns, so I just hope the $ actually goes to workers and small places that have to close, not corporations with well-paid CEOs who can weather the shutdown better.

The rest of my eveing involves a puzzle, a movie, maybe making a pot pie and doing another hour of work to be ready to teach tomorrow. I'm not going to get all that done, am I? What are you all up to this evening?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular