Featured Post

Thursday evening open thread

  Pretty quiet here; what about where you are? It looks like we might get more rain tonight, after a nice sunny day, which is the way to do ...

Monday, December 21, 2020

Monday Evening Open Thread


 Well, Balkers, we are in the home stretch.  Today is the first day of winter so now, by incredibly tiny increments, the days will be getting longer.  Chanukah and the solstice have been celebrated: we have only Xmas to go.  It sounds to me like most Balkers are ready for the big day and, we hope, that will give our Ghost a chance to down tools and have a well-deserved rest in the Ghost Lair.  What remains undone?  Presents? Cards?  Decorations?  Inform me of your state of readiness in the comments.  I've bought all the presents I'm going to buy, but I am still writing cards.

Kudos to spaced99 who tossed up a post last Monday when I suffered a major brain fart after a traumatic dentist's appointment.

Has anyone been able to see the planetary convergence?  I went out at the prescribed hour but it is overcast here and there is too much light pollution.  It's a pity as I won't be around when it happens again in another 400 years.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular