Featured Post

Monday Morning Open Thread

  Hello and welcome to another week in the world.

Friday, January 22, 2021

Friday Morning Open Thread

 My tiny house video obsession has moved on to a tiny house in a van videos. My new favorite is this guy who decided to go to Sweden for the winter instead of Portugal for some reason. I'm thinking it's rona related but I haven't had a chance to go back and watch old videos to find out. 


Having grown up in the snow belt of WNY where during the famous blizzards of '77 and '78 when the snow drifts were so high we could sled off the top of a barn and people were digging tunnels to get to their front door, I'm concerned about these van people and CO2 if the vents get covered in snow. Also, he's in Sweden without a proper snow shovel? At least they seem to have purchased some warm winter gear to wear. 

I love these videos but have zero interest in living this way. I enjoy indoor plumbing and warm showers far too much. It might not be a bad way to drive across country for a few months (not in winter) when I win the lottery because I could bring Bindi and it'd be easier to drive than an RV. But I'd plan to spend most my time in either hotels or national parks with public bathrooms and only use the van toilet in the middle of the night. 

What are your thoughts on tiny living?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular