Featured Post

Friday Morning Open Thread

Happy Friday!

Monday, January 4, 2021

Monday Evening Open Thread

 

It's the first Monday post of 2021!  Happy New Year, my Balkers!

I was at Ma Finch's for a week and spent a lot of time there watching reno shows on HGTV.  I greatly enjoy watching the process by which a wreck of a house is converted to a shiny new home, but I have to say that I don't see myself reflected in these shows.  I think the TV renovators ought to be contractually obligated to do at least one apartment or condo per season.  Yes, an apartment is small beer compared to a large ranch house, but so many of us live in apartments, and I think it would be a bracing experience for these renovators to channel their creativity into a much more challenging space.  I mean, I'd like to see just how creative they could get over a 950 sq ft space where no walls can come down and the plumbing can't be moved. Surely the renovators ought to welcome this kind of challenge. 

On that note of renewal, what one thing would you do to your domicile to improve it?  Let's say money is no object.  Here the choice is obvious: Casa Finch's barely functional kitchen, which was last renovated some time around 1983, and none too successfully then.  But what would be your choice?  The kitchen?  The bathroom?  What one change would make your place into the place of your dreams, or at least put it on the road to there?  Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular