Featured Post

Friday Morning Open Thread

Happy Friday!

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

The Good, the Bad, and the Wednesday

 How is the new year treating you so far? 

 Here are the good things that have happened to me so far this year:

  1. My fruitless search on New Year's Eve to find enough black-eyed peas in any form to make the traditional New Year's Day dish came to a happy and unexpected resolution when my next door neighbor randomly contacted me out of the blue and asked whether I needed any because she had soaked way too many.
  2. Mere hours after I realized I had forgotten to get eggs in my most recent E-cart grocery order and I was going to have to go to a store and get some, my friend showed up at my house to drop something else off and out of the blue gave me a dozen freshly laid from her farm.
  3. During a chat with my sister to catch up after the holidays, she mentioned her husband's vinyl collection and then asked if this particular Nina Simone was actually mine. It is and I have been looking for it for close to TEN YEARS. I actually accused my ex of either swiping it or throwing it out like he's done with so many of my things. 
  4. Yesterday I was able to get the Moderna vax. I was designated to get it in a few weeks, which I assumed meant more like 6-8 at the earliest, but due to a storage malfunction, I was in the right place at the right time. 

Bad things so far:

  1. I might not be getting a stimulus check for some unknown and nonsensical reason. 
  2. I have to go to work. Blech.

How about you? How's your list shaping up for this year so far?

Look at this place. I cannot imagine spending $6.7 mil for a place that needs an entire kitchen redo. What's up with those stoves? Some of the floors are pretty sketchy too.  

How much did grandmothers influence evolution? 

Love chooses us 

Gendered food (Who knew?) 

If you can get around the paywall, urine for some decent pee puns. Maybe OWYAC should consider this system for her next upgrade. 

https://twitter.com/daisychandley/status/1346450311901282305?s=20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular