Featured Post

Thursday evening open thread

  Pretty quiet here; what about where you are? It looks like we might get more rain tonight, after a nice sunny day, which is the way to do ...

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

The Happiest of Wednesdays to You All!

 Such a momentous day! I'm sure the whole world has been holding its breath in anticipation.


 

I never paid a lot of attention to inaugurations previously. The most recent one had all the protests, of course. I think I did watch some of Obama's because it was so momentous. But otherwise, I never really care. It occurred to me that I didn't know exactly how they handled FDR's. I know generally he was standing up in front of crowds, but I don't know how obvious it was to people watching that he required assistance to get there. 

I found this photo, from his first inauguration, which I thought was an interesting image:

 

And here is the program cover. I don't know what the significance of the sailing ship is:

Is everyone doing anything celebratory in regards to the big event today? I will be working but I plan to have it on while I do. 

In other news, mask up, people.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular