Featured Post

Fur Face Friday!

 Friday is here, and it snuck (it's a better word than "sneaked") up on me while I've been sick. So our Fur  Faces will ha...

Monday, March 29, 2021

Monday Evening Open Thread

 


Good evening, Balkers.  It is action stations here at Casa Finch.  The plumber is coming tomorrow, to fix my leaky faucet and, hopefully, to attend to the mysterious drip that is coming from the toilet tank.  This is stressing me out no end: not just the leaks but the thought of having to deal with the plumber.  I am adept enough at hanging my own pictures and putting up my own shelves, but plumbing and electricals I leave solely to the professionals.  But coping with the professionals puts me in a state of acute anxiety, largely because Casa Finch, having been constructed somewhere between the late '20s and early '30s, has very antiquated fixtures and nothing is standard and nothing ever goes as planned.  I hope tomorrow's plumber is going to be okay with the revelation that the water shutoff for the bathroom is actually under the kitchen sink and is extremely difficult to access.  I am also in a cleaning frenzy so I do not acquire too much shame in the eyes of the plumber.  The bathroom has been deep-cleaned but there is only so much I can do about the kitchen, which he will have to see when going in pursuit of the water shutoff.  He'll just have to close his eyes to the squalor and focus on the plumbing.

What do you hate doing around the house?  Let me know in the comments.

And, just for amusement's sake, here is a story about a beaver than invaded a Toronto subway station.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular