Featured Post

Caturday Morning Open Thread

  Hello and welcome to another weekendish whatsis.

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Slap Dash Tuesday - PM Open Thread

Christmas is just around the corner. How'd your day go?
I don't listen to a lot of holiday music. I think the only albums I have are an Elvis Christmas album and James Brown's Funky Christmas. I might have the Charlie Brown Christmas album, but I needn't ever hear it again after working retail too many holidays in a row. I do have some classical pieces that work for the season. Hespèrion XXI has some choral work with distinct Christmas overtones, and of course if you go for Baroque, a lot of pieces focus on God or Jesus or Mary. Like this one by Vivaldi. The alto is Margarethe Bence:


What Christmas or seasonal music do still listen to? Anything new? Any songs about The Holy Stepfather, Joseph? If you can think of any, let me know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular