Featured Post

Caturday Morning Open Thread

  Hello and welcome to another weekendish whatsis.

Monday, December 20, 2021

Twas the Monday Before Life Day OT: Favorite Childhood Toys


Do you remember any good Christmas gifts from your youth? Let us know in the comments.
I came to the US in '74, and my parents didn't understand what the big deal with Christmas was all about, so I don't recall a single thing I received until I was about 16. I did get toys, but usually from a visiting uncle or aunt, and probably not for Christmas. Here are a few:

Popy Die-cast Mazinger. Unlike the picture on the box, the fists flew about 3" from the elbows.

Mattel Shogun Warriors - Zargon (Gaiking in Japan. Why would they change it? Gaiking is a great name)

Kenner Land Speeder. Minus all the action figures except for C-3PO. Hours of fun. C-3PO waiting for Luke, C-3PO sitting in back waiting for Ben, C-3PO whining Artoo where are you?


Mego Hulk. I had no other 8" figures so his archenemy/girlfriend was my sister's 10" Barbie.



Mattel Mazinger. I didn't own this until I was in my thirties. A friend bought it from another friend to give to me on my birthday. It was nice, but about 25 years late. Both friends are now dead, so maybe the Mazinger is cursed? Maybe I should get rid of it soon?



Jesus was this terrible. And yet I wasted so much time playing it.


Hope you receive some cool, useful, fun things on Saturday. Listen to some vintage PiL whilst unboxing.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular