Featured Post

Sunday & Mother’s Day morning OT

  Happy Sunday, BackTalk. 🌼πŸͺ»πŸŒ·πŸŒ»πŸŒΉπŸŒΈπŸŒΊ

Monday, January 31, 2022

Monday, January 31st OT - One Whole Month into 2022

We did it. One month in and hopefully everyone is alive and well. ~ SQRL @ 5:46pm on the one year anniversary of the MAGA insurrection. How did it go today?

Which Bond are you? I'm probably Pierce. I don't really belong here.


Patton Oswalt has a bit about everyone having a "Bond moment" at some point in their lives. His example was a fellow traveler seated next to him on a plane deftly removing the vomit bag, snapping it open one-handed, ejecting the contents of his stomach, and fastening the bag shut without even looking away from his book. Effortlessly suave.

Have you ever had a Bond moment? Or witnessed someone else displaying that level of godlike sangfroid? 

In the early nineties, while I was standing near the exit waiting for the train to take me home, reading RAW's Illuminatus Trilogy and listening to Out of Time by REM (prob.), a couple of kids* messing around the station platform ran onto the train. They were throwing cookies at each other for fun. Not like they were playing catch or something; more like whipping them at each other's heads with intent to harm. I looked up at the exact moment a badly thrown disc came sailing at my face and coolly tilted my head the couple inches I needed to avoid it. The cookie shattered behind me. I glared at the kids til they left the train. Yup, that's my Bond moment. 
... and then there was that one time
 I delivered our second 
child in the bedroom 
in a segment best 
described as 
"we waited
 too long
 to get 
to the 
hospital" -
 that 
was 
certainly 
different.
 
THE END.



Here's my ranking of Bonds, James Bonds from worst to best. Or maybe best to worst. Doesn't matter, I'm not really a fan:

6. Pierce Brosnan
5. Roger Moore
4. Timothy Dalton
3. George Lazenby
2. Sean Connery
1. Daniel Craig


*It occurs to me that if my memory is correct and this happened around '91, those kids are probably in their mid-forties now, perhaps with cookie-chucking children of their own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular