Featured Post

Friday Evening Post

Good evening.  Find the big cat by u/banapatata in FindTheSniper   It is Friday, May 10th, 2024. 

Monday, February 21, 2022

Monday Open Thread - 18% Lazier Than Usual

Ice dragon! spotted outside the Northwestern University Anthro office

How was it? How was Prez Day for the US crowd? My kid reminded me that Christmas is the only holiday when anyone cares whether it snowed or not, that nobody ever says "Yay, White Presidents' Day."

Posting in a bit of a rush. I seem to have run out of scheduled posts.

Electrician fixed up the dining room lights today. Needed a new dimmer and some of the wiring was done incorrectly. There's a lot of that here in this old shack. The former owner was a DIY kind of person who did the wiring himself. When I asked him about it, he said it wasn't very hard, and his father was an electrician. That seems like nonsense to me. If someone needs immediate medical attention, I don't raise my hand and say, "My father was a doctor." Same with an airplane. If the stewardess, trying to tamp down the rising panic, asks if anyone knows how to fly a plane, you don't offer up that your father was a pilot. 

Anyway I expect there will be a few more short circuited rooms in the future before we finally rewire the entire house. I don't even want to remember what updating the furnace and water heater was like.

Is there anything your parents taught you that proved to be entirely wrong? I could write a book that nobody wants to read about it, but I don't want to malign the dead.

Over to you, BT.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular