Featured Post

Caturday Morning Open Thread

  Hello and welcome to another weekendish whatsis.

Monday, March 28, 2022

Moon Night OT - Sir, I Demand Satisfaction (I Can't Get No)

Oscars94: The Besmirchening of The King3: The Controversening. I don't give a fig about awards, but even I know what happened. I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity. 

AND the award for the Best Free Flow of Information goes to... JAPAN! for not censoring BS content. At least one country wasn't all "WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?"

Thanks, Will and Chris, for stirring up mild interest in the viewing public, you big, bold, beautiful attention-seeking popinjays. And if it wasn't staged - Hey, maybe it's time to stop joking about a woman's appearance? aaand physical retaliation is soooo high school? aaaand JPS should have slapped him, not you, Good Sir Knight. It's 2022 FFS. That's my 2¢. Congratulations, winners and participants. Enjoy your trophies and "Just an honor to be nominated" ribbons.

*****

I'm not ignoring you so much as I'm ignoring the internet altogether, and if I've learned anything after looking up the Oscar winners this morning, it's that I should continue ignoring it for a while. Currently trying to regain some focus by reading printed matter. By this time last year, I had read over twenty books; this year I've been stuck at six. I read that the average number of books consumed by a USian in a year has declined to 12.6📚/year, and 17% read zero/year. I'm typically in the 70 - 100 range. Feel like I should at least attempt to equal the average USian's annual total before I return to post and comment my usual BS, willy nilly like a silly flatland hillbilly. [banjo solo]

Gallup poll from early Dec. 2021.  https://news.gallup.com/poll/388541/americans-reading-fewer-books-past.aspx

Talk amongst yourselves, all you chatty Chads and Kathys, about whatever you wish. Newcomers - favorite BTV topics are precipitation, provender, pets, politics, and pants. Also, weather precipitation. Comply! Conform! EX.TER.MIN.ATE!

An exhortation: Go forth, my Cnihts erraunt! O Lafdis most serene! Til thine honuren be regaynéd!*

Footage from the Main Event last night

*We realize this is an odd bastard admixture of Old English, Middle English, Shakespeare, Thor comics of the sixties, and plain old bad spelling. We apologize for the idiosyncratic idiom of the idle idiot author's ideation - THE EDITORS**

**Also for the alliteration - WATCHDOG assigned to check the editors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular