Featured Post

Another Night of the Light Show Tonight - Saturday Night OT

 

Monday, June 13, 2022

Monday the 13th OT at Night

Find a cool, shady spot in your home and survive the blistering heat this week, ok? Current book (Well, one of the five actually, each one at roughly 20 - 25% read. Yeah, it's one of those weeks) in hand is:

 
The author is smart and funny. The main character is fascinating and utterly unlikable. But relatable too. All the advantages of being young and white, pretty and fairly wealthy, the only thing she wants is to sleep and not think about anything. Unlike Holden Caulfield, who walks all over town bugging everybody, people keep bugging her. Especially her best friend Reva. Not at all a pleasant read but riveting in the horribleness of everything and everybody. I might have LOL'd a couple times. I highlighted some sections which I'll probably regret later.

Her boss at the art gallery: 
"I want the gallery to get more cerebral," she explained. "The market is moving away from emotion. Now it's all about process and ideas and branding. Masculinity is hot right now."
This said whilst describing her exciting new "find" - the young Chinese American artist Ping Xi, whose show features splatter painted canvases made from his own ejaculate.

A memory of her mother telling her:

Stretch marks, loose skin, scars across her belly she said looked like "a raccoon had disemboweled her," glaring at me as if I'd wrapped my umbilical cord around my neck on purpose. Maybe I did. "You were blue when they cut me open and pulled you out. After all the hell I went through, the consequences,  your father, and the baby goes and dies? Like dropping a pie on the floor as soon as you pull it out of the oven."
HILARIOUS. Also despicable and depressing AF. The other books I'm reading are no happier.

So how was your Monday? Catch at least the highlights of the Jan. 6 hearing?

Keep cool, boys and girls.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular