Featured Post

Sunday & Mother’s Day morning OT

  Happy Sunday, BackTalk. 🌼🪻🌷🌻🌹🌸🌺

Saturday, October 29, 2022

We May Get to the Freeze Peach, But First We’re Gonna Party Every Day – Saturday Night OT

 


... even if we're not allowed out to rock and roll all night



used to be my playground, too





So ... here's the thing about this.

The ear is good. Good enough to have scored harmonies professionally, earned a few awards.

(Cue Robert Townsend yelling "Five part harmony!  FIVE part harmony!!" in The Five Heartbeats)


But my mom has a natural set of pipes.  So I guess she ... didn't understand why her kid, whom she birthed, couldn't make the same sounds out of her face?  Not considering the possibility I had a whole different set of challenges with both the diaphragmatic & EENT apparatus ...? 

(that last turned out to be true, so decades after the facts now I take lessons & do exercises so I'm not hoarse after a day of talking all day)


So the actual physical pipes & mask bring the average down.  What do we do?  Average them together?  Do some kind of mean/median/mode math?


Actuary people?  Other math people?  What you say ...?


I will say one other thing - I heard the weirdest set  of “Halloween” remixes the other night and I thought

“Oh, we can do better than this”

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular