Monday, December 5, 2022

Monday 🌔 OT - It's Five December Twenty Twenty Two

How's Monday been for you? Are you ready for some futbol? I haven't watched even a single highlight from the World Cup, much less a match, but I do have favorites. At the time of this writing (12/03/22), the bracket looks like this:



99% of the US shrugged, wondering why this was announced by the local news reader, why this is interfering with real sports news? FIFA Ho Hum. I was rooting for the Aussies since they're the lowest of the 16 in the FIFA rankings at #42, but they were roundly spanked 2-nil. The top four favorites are Brazil, France, Argentina, and England. Some are hoping for Portugal vs. Argentina, for a Messi vs Ronaldo match since this is probably their last chance at a WC trophy. I couldn't care less. I'm rooting for the underdogs and therefore maximum fan disappointment. Nothing better than a sports giant's fanbase throwing a city/school/state/nationwide tantrum. (See NE Patriots, every NY team ever, southern college football teams, US national basketball, the Lakers, etc.) I drink their tears. I sup on their misery.

I don't want violence and murder, but I can't control that, and it's already happened and will continue regardless. Win or lose, let's fuck up our homes. Hells yeah.

I'm hoping for Korea vs Poland or Croatia vs Switzerland. Morocco vs Japan or Senegal vs The Netherlands. It won't happen unless we all wish it at once; close your eyes and tap your toes three times and spin in the kitchen whilst scattering earth-friendly glitter. Do it.

As for me, I'm fine. We are on the cusp of winter recital and concert season. My younger is in the school musical too, which I dread seeing far in advance. I'll tell you about it when I get more info. Count on it. ~ Taciturn SQRL

Let's go Warnock. A starker choice than werewolves vs wam-pies. Send Walker back to Texas where he can continue his imaginary crimefighting adventures.  awoooooooo werewolf of Westlake...

update 12/05/22 - Boo. S. Korea, Poland, Japan, and Senegal are out. Here's hoping for the Dutch vs. the Swiss. I guess. Before Stadium 974 implodes.

easy listening while you type your comment:

Amethyst - Johnny Greenwood
Furi - Boris
Naki Kyoku - Boris




CYA on the flip side.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular