Featured Post

Sunday Dinner 🥧T

 It's Thanksgiving next weekend so I'm getting excited about the pie. Sometimes there's pumpkin cheesecake instead of pie. I dea...

Monday, March 6, 2023

Lundi Soir 🌕 Discuter (99,58%, actuellement. Pas une pleine lune. Ça vient demain.)

Don't panic. The rest of this post is in English, a language with which I'm nearly as error prone. I haven't spoken any French in decades and remember barely a soupçon of it, just a number of weird useless phrases and a couple of useful ones. It is la merde.

Jean-Paul Belmondo reading a very very important art history livre

I've taken five years of French lessons but never seriously due to my being mired in general apathy and depression whilst in school. Assumed I would never stray from my fifty mile radius. What a pathetic defeatist! Current level of French is worse than these guys:


Older daughter, a high school junior, has now taken an equal number of French classes as I have, and unlike me, cares about her grades, goes to classes, stays awake. What a goof!

Well, she's going to France this summer with her strings group ($$$ Or rather, ₣₣₣ or €€€). Presented with the opportunity to practice her half decade of lessons, will she sink or swim? I hope she enjoys the F out of her trip. Since it's only for a week, and she's got her best music buddies by her side, a credit card, and a brain hardwired for learning new languages, I hope she tries some new food. What's the over/under on weight gain?

***

How about you? Any exciting trips abroad planned? Anyone still able to use a non-native language they learned in school? I can say, "I have beans in my pants" in German. I'm not bragging. Just part of a stupid, long story I don't want to tell. Let's just cut that line of thought right now.

My other wife, Ana Karina, lovingly clipping my bangs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular