Featured Post

Sunday evening OT

Good evening/ night/ morning!  There may be more northern lights on the way 🀞   Meanwhile in Saskatchewan, it came from above.  Wishing a h...

Monday, May 29, 2023

πŸŒ‘ Monday πŸŒ” Open Thread πŸŒ• daerhT nepO πŸŒ– yadnoM πŸŒ‘




The other day I was listening to an extroverted friend talk about her kids, parents, health issues, money woes, &c. for an hour. I was growing concerned she'd discuss some sordid bedroom details like the time before. Not this time, thank Vesta, goddess of the hearth. When she finished she asked me what I thought. Before I could answer, she said that I talk about a lot of things but seem to avoid talking about myself. I chuckled as I put my shoes on, said Nonsense, and left for home.
I talk about myself all the time here and consider myself a classic over-sharer. Like, shut up already, SQRL. Anyway, here are some weird musical instruments:

Harpo-lyre, c. 1830, AndrΓ© Augustin Chevrier


Glass armonica, 1761, Benjamin Franklin

Wintergatan Marble Machine, 2016, Martin Molin

Octobass, 1850, Jean-Baptiste Vuillaume. The lowest C is supposedly below the threshold of human hearing. I think there are only three in existence; One at the MusΓ©e de la Musique in Paris, one at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix, and the last is in the Montreal Symphony Orchestra and is used occasionally in actual performance. Video is available so you should check it out.


Over share away, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular