Featured Post

Caturday Morning Open Thread

  Hello and welcome to another weekendish whatsis.

Monday, July 31, 2023

Monday 🌕(94%full, actually but you probably won't notice) OT -- Weird Foods

What's for dinner tonight? I can't decide. Maybe QimmyShimmy can help. She makes kinda cute and hella disturbing art out of polymer clay and paints. These are the less potentially upsetting ones, but you're not me. If you're easily bothered by gross imagery, just skip on down to the comments.

Siew Mao by QimmyShimmy, (Singaporean artist Lim Qi Xuan)

I believe she's making a point about Western perception of Asian food culture. "Asians will eat anything." "Koreans eat dogs." "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom." Etc. 

I do love her art, but I'm not sure I'd want to own any. I have enough food issues as it is, and my wife already thinks I'm a weirdo. But to anyone from a different part of the world who's ever been asked, "What the hell are you eating? Is that an abortion?" or similar, her art makes perfect sense.

I do love dumplings. How about you?

Jiao Zi

Xiao Long Bao

Sushi

delicious bivalves


Maybe get the Dim Sum and sample a bunch of things

What are you cooking?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular