Featured Post

Thursday evening open thread

  Pretty quiet here; what about where you are? It looks like we might get more rain tonight, after a nice sunny day, which is the way to do ...

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

'Twas the Wednesday Before Thanksgiving and I Had To Spend Hours Listening to Xmas Music at the Dentist (on 11/14)

Thankful for insolent, bitter children, among other things...

The Dude in '79 yelling at ever distant daddy much like the kids yell at ever distant me in '23


   Driving. So much driving of late. Whilst bringing younger child home from the orthodontist, to alleviate my own boredom more than anything else on a long stretch of boring Illinois road, I pointed out an empty storefront where a Domino's used to operate and told her that a friend of mine had a brother who used to deliver pizza from that location while we were in high school. That's it. That's the story I said.
   "Gee dad. Tell me more magical tales of wonder, when anything was possible," she replied after a snort and with great speed went back to tiptapping her friends on her phone.
   So mean. But I admit to laughing in response.
    
I'm assuming you also are thankful for many things. You don't have to list them cuz that's just bullshit people do every year. Talk about things that matter and are affecting you instead. X-mas season starts officially in two days although the music started up at least two weeks ago right after Halloween. Enjoy BT. Just enjoy.

Perfect Thanksgiving book (which I reread in October) in Chez SQRL:

Popular Library edition, '63

Come over, try the blackberries, spoon some sugar on top. Different covers from different times and places here.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular