Featured Post

Fur Face Friday!

 Friday is here, and it snuck (it's a better word than "sneaked") up on me while I've been sick. So our Fur  Faces will ha...

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January, I hardly knew ye. Wednesday OT

Snowy day. Snow day, in fact, for the kids. Spouse is WFH today anyway (Fri, 1/12) so I'm hiding out in the study until they go back to school and work... four days from now. If they need me they know where to find me, but they should figure some things out for themselves, ya ask me.

snowman meringues seen on a savoredgrace dot com post by "Melissa" but no image credit

Snow and a big freeze following. Good. Can't talk about the dregs, butt end, or ash heap of winter without some blackened mounds of chemically preserved snow lingering well into April.

Drove the family from a social thing last night as the snow started. At a stop I said [growled like Kevin Conroy's Batman], "There," pointing to a field just beginning to dust over, "In that meadow. We can build a snowman. Maybe pretend he's Parson Brown. Maybe he'll say, 'Are you married?' And I'll say, 'Mind your own f*cking business, ya dumb temporary jamoke.' 

At spouse's perplexed look, I said, "All I'm trying to say is that this time tomorrow this burgh is gonna be crawling with them. Lousy with snowmen. Women. Snowpeople..." And sure enough this morning there are a couple right across the street already, those damnable things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular