Featured Post

Thursday evening open thread

  Pretty quiet here; what about where you are? It looks like we might get more rain tonight, after a nice sunny day, which is the way to do ...

Sunday, January 14, 2024

The Photo Gallery




  

It’s your weekly Photo Gallery! Come on in, take a look at what people have been up to over the past week and share some of your own photos.

They don’t need to be taken with a fancy camera or works of art. Share any SFW photos you’ve taken with even the poorest of potatoes. Of course we love to see that arty stuff too.

I once made a puzzle piece for a friend where the puzzle that their recently passed grandmother got them was missing a piece. I had never attempted such a thing before but couldn't at least try. The piece came out well, but it took FOREVER to cutout and finally paint so I told them to never tell anyone that I can do this. 

Fast forward a couple years and a work acquaintance(who shares an office with friend) is like, "Heeeeeey Ag. Someone who hates you said you might be able to make me a puzzle piece?" 

me(turning to former friend):   


me(turning back to acquaintance): I'll see what I can do. 

The hardest part the last time was cutting the piece out with an xacto knife. Luckily, I now have access to a laser engraving/cutting thingy and was able to make the piece in no time. I just had to paint it. Made a few incase I messed up. 


Trying to match colors 

Practicing 


Ended up going with the bottom right one. Could be better, but it's close enough. 

All done. It's passable. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular