Featured Post

Monday Morning Open Thread

  Hello and welcome to another week in the world.

Monday, February 12, 2024

Monday Night Is All Right Unless You're This Guy OT

People are crazy. A few weeks ago when it was below freezing, I was driving to pick up one of the kids from a sleepover when I saw some dude carrying plastic grocery bags about three blocks from the nearest store. Heavy parka with hood, no gloves, and cargo shorts just below the knee. Trying to look all stoic, eyes a thousand yards distant, trying on the "It's not cold" insouciant glare. 


But he's red on his exposed skin. His face is running. It's going to hurt. It's all going to hurt so much. He wasn't a young man. Middle aged. I opened the window and asked if he needed a ride. He said, "Yeah!" and I answered, "I bet you do!" and took off. JK. I would have offered a ride, but he was unmasked and you can't ever get the smell of idiot off the upholstery.

How are you handling the cold?

*No, he wasn't unhoused. Just a man child accustomed to poor decision making and suffering for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular