Featured Post

Thursday evening open thread

  Pretty quiet here; what about where you are? It looks like we might get more rain tonight, after a nice sunny day, which is the way to do ...

Monday, February 26, 2024

Monday Night OT–Death By Bodum

Knocked the coffee press off a high cabinet the other day while reaching for the thermos. The metal leg smacked me on the head before shattering on the counter below. Spouse was nearby and asked if I was okay, helped scoop up the shards around my feet so I could get the broom.

photo from the Sur la Table web store

"I'm fine... but why are there four of you?" I said, settling on that as the best (least unfunny) of four options. And I am fine, even though it feels like there's a dent in my head. Or maybe that's where the left coronal suture used to be? Soft skull, hard head. I guess.

R.I.P., Bodum glass carafe number three. I'll shop around for deals later this week. 

Later on, my garage key broke in the lock. I'll have to go get a few copies made later this week. Then found a few ancient hairballs in the back of a bookshelf; perfect ossified Vienna sausages veined with short white hairs. Lumi's, I suppose.

An altogether unpleasant morning, I must say. The following mornings were better. 

So what's your method of caffeine delivery (or potential brain injury) these days, my sisters and brothers, friends and others?

Song and band on repeat in the SQRL den, first LP due out in April:


Man, life at twenty-something was dramatic AF, wasn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular