Featured Post

Friday the 13th Morning Open Thread

  Happy Friday!

Monday, August 26, 2024

Monday 26th August: Ever Get the Feeling We've Done This Before?

Ever get the feeling we've done this before? It's hot again; we have a heat advisory today after a few weeks of cooler than normal temps. Poor sleep hygiene has gotten even worse with recent weather shifts.

The other night when it was around 65°f, we were woken up at around 4am by a man begging and crying into an apartment intercom that he was clean, he wasn't using, "Please. I just want to sleep in my own bed. Just until Monday. I have a place I can stay next week." Full sobbing, quivering voice. The object of his groveling never answered but apparently called the police. He stopped mewling suddenly and shuffled off quickly before the cops came. 

I said that he won't get far. He was wearing flip-flops. 

They give off an unpleasant sound to begin with, but at 4 in the morning, surrounded by brick and asphalt, it's deafening. Like movie punches.

Went downstairs and made coffee at 4:30. By one in the afternoon I felt like I'd been vomited into existence.

What's disrupting your sleep (other than everything)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular