Featured Post

Tuesday Evening Open Thread

  When's the last time you looked in your refrigerator? I mean really looked in it. Embarrassing, right? Sure, it's clean and well ...

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Wednesday Night Shift

I can say "I'm scared" in six languages. I can only say, "Where is the bathroom?" in four. Scary... Speaking of scary, I don't think the French are taking this seriously:

They seem to think that a cosmic clown that eats children is just another antagonist at Hogwarts. I guess if it isn't the Terror of the Void or Dread of One's Existence, it's child's play to the French. (Fair enough, really. The comic artist Geoff Darrow once told me his French partner disapproved of their teenage daughter reading comics. "It's not really reading to her unless it's Zola," he said.)

Found some interesting international editions of his work. Some are obvious, and some are perplexing. I provided the language if you want to figure out the English book title. To be fair, the last SK book I read was The Dark Half in 1989, I think, so I don't know what some of these are even about. How many have you read?

JAPANESE

UKRAINIAN
BENGALI
BRAILLE (okay, this one's Carrie)
ITALIAN
ITALIAN
TURKISH

MOON BREAK. From a couple nights ago, tried to get a clear shot but phones suck for sky photos, played with filters, and the sky turned into night in a kid's book. Oh well. It was a half moon, I think.

ITALIAN
SWEDISH


What's keeping you up all night tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular