Featured Post

Friday Evening Post

Good evening.  Artwork by Kaoru Yamada | The Cure in Orange performing "Push"

Monday, September 23, 2024

Monday Mairzy Dotes and Totes Magotes OT

You gotta agree with this post. 


What have you been watching? The last three movies I watched did not have James Earl Jones in them, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. Bolded are the ones I enjoyed most (this time).

Watched...

... with spouse:
Daytrippers, The Savages, Girlfight


... with younger kid:
Okja, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Keanu


... with spouse and younger kid:
My Own Private Idaho, Say Anything, Pretty in Pink


... with older kid:
The Hidden, I'm Thinking of Ending Things, The Sixth Sense


... as a family:
Fire Walk with Me, 28 Days Later, Hot Fuzz


... alone:
Salem's Lot '79, Tales from the Darkside, Rabid '77


A few notes: 

I don't hate any of the movies above and most are rewatches anyway. Salem's Lot was not great, nor did I expect it to be. It did check every single box in the Stephen King toolbox tho. Except for the absence of bullying, which was weird since I remember it occurring in the novel. Three hours of enervating drama and roughly five minutes of action and scares, most of them in the last 30 minutes. Still, Mary Windsor and Elisha Cook are in it, and Lew Ayers, the original Dr Kildare. Baron Harkonnen (Kenneth McMillan) from Lynch's Dune too, all just biding their time before things get real bitey.

I'll never be a fan of John Hughes, but at least PiP has Harry Dean Stanton and Annie Potts. Kinda worth it for stunt double Ducky doing dirt bike tricks while headed to Chinatown. A forty+ mile bike ride from Elgin, IL to Chinatown btw. Every other movie is worth at least one viewing.

Neither here nor there, I'm nowhere. Have a good evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular