Featured Post

Monday Morning Open Thread

  Hello and welcome to another week.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Maybe I'm petty but this brought me such joy

The woman who lost her job after giving Donald Trump’s motorcade the middle finger in 2017 won a local government seat in Virginia in one of several major progressive wins for the state in the Tuesday elections.   https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/06/juli-briskman-trump-middle-finger-wins-office-virginia

Photograph: Brendan Smialowski/AFP via Getty Images



And in Backtalk Village newsIt was pointed out to me that Followers was showing names so I removed that from the blog. Not sure what it's pulling from. I have a three day weekend so I should be able to actually do research and planning. I also cleaned up a few other things like two Search widgets. 

11 comments:

  1. It's okay. My name in that email is not really my name. My favorite fake name to use is Ash Squirtle. I think people may believe that one is real. Maybe. Probably. Could be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, mine came up as kristin bytes which is admittedly part of my actual name.I am a member of the bytes family.

    But Finchy posted hers was real even though her email was her finchy one. And Space99 emailed me about it as well. I think there were some other comments as well but everything's a blur at this point. Easiest to just get rid of it at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mrsfinch said that she had completely logged out of her personal account, and logged back in in as finchy, which is what i did, and it worked for me, but not for her, so I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not agree more. I'm pettying right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be an admin now. Not sure if you'll have to log out then back in for it to take. Then you should see extra menu things to Design and such.
    You can invite new authors under Design > Settings > Basic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. You must be Kristiania Bytesteroria of the Chancellorsville Bytesteroria's. Yes. A very remarkable lineage that dates back to the Mayflower. Yes. Indeed. https://media2.giphy.com/media/UJ3MFJcxJ6UBG/giphy.gif

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see the tools. Thank you! I'm going to have to spend some time this weekend figuring this place out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My real name came up when I first signed up. But after I verified the account it let me change it. But it won't let me log in on my phone which is annoying. By the way,it's Hannibal from GT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I replied to this? I haven't used Disqus in so long. Maybe I replied somewhere random.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did reply. I don't know what's going on either half the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I enjoy petty
    I enjoy it even more when I can be expansive-minded and civic-minded at the same time; that's some efficiency
    :D

    https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1195927525177708545

    ReplyDelete

Popular