Featured Post

Thursday evening open thread

  Pretty quiet here; what about where you are? It looks like we might get more rain tonight, after a nice sunny day, which is the way to do ...

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Thursday Morning Open Thread!


 This may or may not have been my internal reaction when I read the email at the end of the day that said I have to sit in on a conference call about printers and the call closing process on those printers when neither I, or any of my local co workers work on said printers. Corporate America at it again.

Oh well, I'll get paid the same whether I'm being productive or silent sitting, rubbing my temples waiting for it to be over.


 I get you doc.

So today in history.

  • 1547, Henry the VIII dies, and Edward the VI his nine year old son becomes King
  • 1915 The William P. Fyre a US freighter is sunk by the German navy while hauling a load of wheat to Britain.
  • Also 1915 the US Coast Guard is formed.
  • 1986 the space shuttle Challenger explodes just after liftoff.
I don't remember where I was exactly where I was during the Challenger disaster, possibly in school.  I do remember listening to Regan addressing the nation from the Oval Office. After that the months of hearings on it seemed to dominate the news.

So how's your day going?  Remember where you wear? Just want to talk about something else?  Go ahead it's your open thread.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular