Featured Post

Thursday evening open thread

  Pretty quiet here; what about where you are? It looks like we might get more rain tonight, after a nice sunny day, which is the way to do ...

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Sportsball and the Gaslighty Overuse & Misuse of the Illusion of Fair Play Mid First Oympic Weekend OT

 



 

I’m going to need someone who knows a little bit more about cannabis biochem to tell me what the difference is between THC and CBD, because right now all I’m seeing is hypocrisy (well, that and the standard /longstanding racism & classism in the place where our national & international “convincers” and “influencers” and “smoothers over”).

 

(I was going to put the barrelful of Tweets I’d seen about this in the post but I will put them in comments because the heat / humidity combo is making my computer slo-ow)


For sharp contrast, we have the way Brett Kavanaugh was treated in the "investigation" by the FBI during his confirmation hearing by the then (and still) head of the FBI his law school buddy Chris Wray (as Elie pointed out this morning - his comments will also be in chat) -- where of the 4000+ comments that came in about his prior conduct only 10 (!!!) were actually investigated ... and apparently the 83 ethics complaints he had against him as a member of the federal bench were dropped because someone (it's not quite clear to me yet who, honestly) decided it wouldn't be "fair" to hold those against someone who's now sitting on the SCOTUS bench.


So to me it seems the easy remedy to THAT would be to impeach him (as Elie again points out).


But in order for that to happen the whole country would have to be both playing by and subject to the same set of rules.


So I guess we'll have to see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular