Featured Post

Friday Evening Post

Good evening.  Find the big cat by u/banapatata in FindTheSniper   It is Friday, May 10th, 2024. 

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Sunday Morning Open Thread

 Last night I watched Annette.



Link to trailer if on mobile

Link to international trailer in case US one is blocked.

It was very good in an interesting way but it ran a bit long with my attention wandering after the strong first act. Or maybe it was less my attention wandering and more my brain needing a rest.

Think Umbrellas of Cherbourg crossed with Synecdoche, New York as a rock opera - heavy on the opera. I went into it completely blind then read a bunch of reviews which were very mixed. Many critics loved it and thought it was brilliant while others found it pretentious and tedious. While I admired more than truly enjoyed it, it's worth a look if you're in the right mood. 

Got any plans today? Another scorcher here so I'll probably do very little beyond hide in the AC.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular