Featured Post

Friday Evening Post

Good evening.  Find the big cat by u/banapatata in FindTheSniper   It is Friday, May 10th, 2024. 

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Waste Your Time Wednesday - "O Happy Day!"

There's this weird spot on Wednesdays and Saturdays between the OTs when it seems nothing is ever posted. Like Mother Nature, I abhor a vacuum. If you can think of something you'd like to write about or discuss, those would be the times to do so. 

Dianne Wiest as Winnie in Beckett's Happy Days 
James Bundy’s production at the Polonsky Shakespeare Center 2017

I'm deliberately wasting your time with lists. Come on, it's a gift. A FREE gift. Take it. Take it, darn you.

Take the damn umbrella, Satsuki!



Kim Jee-woon movies from worst to best:

  • Illang: The Wolf Brigade (2018)
  • The Last Stand (2013)
  • The Foul King (2000)
  • Age of Shadows (2016)
  • The Quiet Family (1998)
  • A Tale of Two Sisters (2003)
  • The Good the Bad and the Weird (2008)
  • A Bittersweet Life (2005)
  • I Saw the Devil (2010)

Kelly Reichardt features from worst to best:

  • River of Grass (1994)
  • Night Moves (2013)
  • Old Joy (2006)
  • Meek's Cutoff (2010)
  • Wendy and Lucy (2008)
  • First Cow (2019)
  • Certain Women (2016)

Kore-eda Hirokazu films from worst to best (excluding documentaries). I love all of them so grain of salt, whatevs:

  • I wish (2011)
  • Hana (2006)
  • The Third Murder (2017)
  • Our Little Sister (2015)
  • Distance (2001)
  • Maborosi (1995)
  • Like Father, Like Son (2013)
  • After the Storm (2016)
  • After Life (1998)
  • Still Walking (2008)
  • Shoplifters (2018)
  • Nobody Knows (2004)
Haven't watched these Kore-eda works yet - 
  • Air Doll (2009) stars Bae Doona as a sex doll who comes to life. Impossible to find. If you can find it for me, and it doesn't cost me a ton of money, I'll send you a gift basket of fancy cheese and crackers.
  • The Truth (2019) stars Catherine Deneuve, Juliette Binoche, Ethan Hawke. Kore-eda's first non-Japanese language film, and supposedly one of his weaker pieces, but not released in the US because 2020 killed everything good. It's on Showtime, so maybe I should go for the free 30 day trial. 

Any books, movies, albums by favorite artists you've completed, or nearly so, that you can list in order of favorite works?

I'll spam you guys with more lists if one of you doesn't come up with a Wednesday midday post.




Taking a short break from the internet, probably just a few days, not 6 months or 2 years like I've done in the past, but who knows? I have a few weeks of OTs prepped, and I'll try to schedule a few more. I feel a sort of dingy madness coming on so CYA. A few books to finish and return to the library too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular