Featured Post

Caturday Morning Open Thread

Hello and welcome to another weekendish thing.

Friday, April 8, 2022

Friday Morning Open Thread

Last year I was looking for something to brighten up my (home) office area and ended up going with this poster of an ancient map circa 1539.

When it arrived it worked out in terms of size and colors better than I hoped and the whimsy of the sea monsters makes me happy. It check a lot of my boxes: history nerd, travel nerd and monster nerd. 

Then I saw this on twitter which made me think of the map and prompted me to post it.

I have no real point. Like one of Squirrel's morning stream-of-consciousness comments but shorter. Although it's entirely possible he has some very important points that I'm missing because it's too many words to ponder before my second cup of coffee has fully kicked in and I've started on my third.

Feel free to share your musings on this fine Friday. I'm pretty sure I've just used up my musing for the next week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular