Featured Post

Fur Face Friday!

 Friday is here, and it snuck (it's a better word than "sneaked") up on me while I've been sick. So our Fur  Faces will ha...

Friday, April 28, 2023

Friday Morning Open Thread

 I know it's a big country but I think if Bertolt leaves soon, he can probably make it. 

A whole day dedicated to eating and celebrating garlic bread.

Sat 29th April, 2023

12:00pm - 6:00pm

Welcome to Thornbury

520 High Street Northcote 3070

Try fancy twists on the crusty side, stick to a foil-wrapped classic or join a garlic bread eating relay.

Northcote's giant beer garden slash food truck park, Welcome to Thornbury, is celebrating the harmonious union of bread, butter and garlic. The trusty pizza-side staple gets top billing at the annual Garlic Bread Festival.

It's not quite festival season around these parts. I believe the first one is the Hellenic Festival taking place weekend after Memorial Day. After that there's at least one and often several every weekend during the summer. 

Even before COVID, I'd only attend one or two a year because hot and crowds. With working Saturdays, I'm even less likely to go to any of them. Which I'm okay with. 

Any festivals you like to hit up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular