Featured Post

Thursday evening open thread

 I'll be busy for most of the evening working on these letters and documents for yet another presentation about our street issues, so pr...

Monday, July 15, 2024

Monday Night OT – In The City

There's a thousand things I want to say to you. But I'll just say, "Good evening."


There's always something to do. See the sights, catch a show, dodge bullets. You name it. 

Rent a biplane and wend your way through the glass and steel canyons. Sure.


Burlesque dance halls? Only for the most discerning gentlemen. "The true connoisseurs of the form" yes?Remember to notify the wife you're "working late."


The city will chew you up, so stay alert.


How was your day in the city?

(I told you July was horrible. I'm trying to schedule the rest of the month's posts - that's 9 left in all - so I can just ignore and pretend it's August 1. Things are about to get sloppy. I would apologize, but I don't really care.)

* Metropolis, 1927, obvs. Honestly, I think I prefer silence to either Queen or Giorgio Moroder's score, but that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular