Featured Post

Friday Morning Open Thread

  Happy Friday!

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Sunday later 🌳🌱

 Trees. They just stand there. 

"Shubie" Tree. This tree has stood in a field near Highway 102 near Shubenacadie, N.S., for an estimated 300 years. It was blown down during post-tropical storm Fiona. (Len Wagg)



You'd think I'd be ready for a break from trees given the hedge-reduction project I've taken on at my parents' house. They're pretty neat though. So far I've spotted a hummingbird, a family of cardinals, several kinds of bees, and a blue jay in the hedge. Given the size of the hedge (10 to 12 feet high, several feet wide) there should still be plenty left for them when I'm done. 

Currently reading Finding the Mother Tree by Suzanne Simard. 

Anything fascinating you at the moment?  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular