Featured Post

Tuesday Evening Open Thread

  When's the last time you looked in your refrigerator? I mean really looked in it. Embarrassing, right? Sure, it's clean and well ...

Saturday, August 24, 2024

"Do Something" Feels Different - Saturday Night OT - 08/24/24

 


^^ blue texas, lol



It was a pretty day here, so I'm hoping everyone else had the weather to do what they wanted to do even if they didn't get to do all of it 



^^ this is Louis Cato and the band doing an amazing rendition of Bill Withers' Lovely Day

when I first saw that I was like "How are they going to do that with only one lead singer and no overdubs?"  but the answer turned out to be "Give the chorus to the horn section" and at that point I had to just step back and enjoy it


Whenever I think I'm really DOING SOMETHING, I read that Willie Nelson is in the middle of putting out his 76th studio album

https://www.thatericalper.com/2024/08/22/willie-nelson-announces-his-76th-album-last-leaf-on-the-tree/


and so much was going on last week that I missed Juan Martin del Potro and Gabriela Sabatini playing in the Night of Stars expo at the US Open because I kinda sorta forgot that it had even started 


So the full tournament coverage starts Monday the 26th at noon on ESPN 

(Coco Gauff will be defending her title - here she is playing doubles with Ben Shelton)



A lot happening - things feel new & are moving fast 

#WeAreNotGoingBack



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular