Featured Post

Monday, A Candy-Colored Clown

"I close my eyes then I drift away.  Into the magic night, I softly say a  silent prayer like dreamers do.  Then I fall asleep to dream...

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Louvre-ing – Saturday Night OT

 


these ^^  are Snoop opening the historic entry of "breaking" not just as a historically athletic art  - but as an Olympic event



while I was hopeful upon seeing that history had been commemorated - I was (of course, I guess) somewhat ... apprehensive ... about what the athletic art might morph into in the hands of the IOC about which so many have so many stories


and spaced99 already brought us one of those earlier today


and other folks also have ... both "historic" thoughts as well as contemporary "thoughts" on what we're seeing at the Olympics as a representation ... so those will be in comments as they are many / legion 


In the meantime, there is an actual documentary as to what really happened to spark the birth of the athletic art, and Hulu has a trailer 



In 1981, a breaking battle between the Rocksteady Crew and the Dynamic Rockers in New York City sparked a movement that grew from its devastated borough origins to influence the highest ranks of sports and entertainment.



MEANWHILE

some good news that seems to be following the rising national and international tone






Also - I'm still calling it a rumor since I only saw it once and in one place - can somebody confirm for me whether it is in fact the 223rd Anniversary of the Louvre?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular