as well as an excellent summer listening list (from which I'm going to have to push myself to hear new things because there are so many old favorites on here)
At the same time -- when we're having to make sure to get those vaccines for all family members while they're still available and I can't believe they're doing "Tood Blanche" confirmation hearings on the same day there are what feels like a million billion primaries -- I want anyone who needs the space to feel free to talk about what it feels like to try to escape a toad like Max Miller (with, to boot, an enabler father like Bernie Moreno who should never have been fauxlected to the US Senate seat he holds) with zero redeeming qualities (turns out he was in on the PLANNING of the January 6th insurrection, so when I say "zero" I mean "zero") because not only should the reprobate be nowhere NEAR public office -- but I could tell from the smarmy responses he had to people (on social media? Really, Max??) that he'd never been anywhere near accountability in his life ever because his replies were so transparently unpracticed which tells me he hasn't had to dodge accusations that much
Sadly, in this culture, the more credible accusations that are lobbed at abusers without their ever facing consequences, the better they get at their lies till they can do it like breathing
Which is why I will have not just Chani's guidance but also more clips from the beautiful Obama Center in comments -- so we can remember there are not just good, but excellent things in the world (not just to self soothe, lolsob)


No comments:
Post a Comment