Featured Post

Tuesday Evening Post

  What book is Gomez reading? Wrong answers only.

Monday, October 5, 2026

866-OUR-VOTE on Parlez Vous Monday

 



Not saying get it tattooed on, but ...





am saying memorize it -- not in that "cram for the test" sort of way, but in a "backwards measures" sort of way if you're a musician, or in that "build the skills and then build the exercises" kind of way if you're a sportsball person 

the original data centers were libraries



the corruption reads in a straight line from Brock Turner (who has changed his name) to Brett KKKavanaughStop



and the  "profiting off human misery" piece is a really big part of it as well 

I really appreciate the possibilities of this legislation -- but it would've been MUCH better if it had been pushed for once Ava Duvernay's documentary Thirteenth dropped a decade ago 





and there is enough to be said about the fact that culture leads politics -- and it was Andrew Breitbart (failed screenwriter, apparently) who first pointed that out to his compatriots so they could maniuplate the concept -- that I have to put the video in comments bc it's hardly short but it illustrates all the concepts 


Marc Elias also forcefully makes the case today -- and even though I sometimes feel hammered by some of the people who are delivering nothing but facts, I try to turn aside at least some of my sensitivities to the delivery in order to use the information they've taken the time & energy to give the rest of us (I've never liked a tone argument) 


It's World Teacher's Day





so if you're doing some of that work -- please make sure you give yourself some of that credit 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular