Featured Post

Tuesday Open Thred 🧵

  It’s Tuesday. And it’s September.

Monday, August 31, 2026

Two Different Pieces of the Media Literacy We're Gonna Need on Parlez Vous Monday

 



 

It is not short and even I listened to it while I was doing two other things, but I think it’s really important for all sorts of reasons related to the challenges we’re going to be faced with from now till January 2027 that everyone hear all the things -- from union membership to potential billionaire refusal to do the right thing – that come up in Don Lemon’s discussion with Karen Attiah about her utter & complete victory over the snowflakes at Bezos’ Washington Post who fired her in a fit of white fragility after she basically described how White men & everyone who ascribes to supremacist hierarchies in the U.S. believe that the application and distribution of violence in the U.S. should be the purview of White men and no one else 




 

  

And this is – it may annoy some people, and Casey I’ve Forgotten Her Name was incredibly rude and cuts her off multiple times and I can’t wait until she has to call her Senator Nixon – an analysis from Janai Morgan, who left GMA over the framing they were using covering all things Nolan Wells, about the framing and other tools we may not notice with the topic being how mainstream media treated Rep Angie Nixon after she won her primary

 

These things are subtle, and they want us not to notice

 

Which is why we have to train ourselves to pay attention so the habit is unconscious and we can draw on it when we need it




 

Because we need it right now and we’re going to need it even more going forward

 

The Karen Attiah one is real uplifting, though 

I loved that Don was like "if they don't do the right thing Jeff Bezos has a lot of money"

and Norm Eisen is her attorney 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular