Featured Post

Sunday Morning Open Thread

  Happy Sunday.

Saturday, September 19, 2026

HBirthday and Batman Day Saturday Night OT

 


Vincentyanu87 at Unsplash



 

It’s my birthday today as well as Batman Day

So I’m going to ask all the knowledge people here to listen to Professor Sherrilyn Ifill’s Policy Link speech in full  - it’s about a half an hour but mostly it’s about the tools we ALREADY HAVE but ARE NOT USING to effectively resist the madness we’re already in the midst of

 

She talks about the fact that the 14th Amendment has 5 sections but most people only known about 2 of them 




 

I feel some kind of way about the fact that not enough people, apparently, knew enough about Section 3 to push back on SCOTUS before they put Donald back on the ballot following that Colorado decision – because according to the Constitution, they really didn’t have the authority to do that

 

And in addition – I’ve always thought that I’d have questions for the Republican Senate who was in charge of the chamber at the time of John Roberts’ confirmation hearings …

But now I also have some questions from the Democratic ones who were on the committee at the time who are still with us who DIDN’T know that John Roberts was born and raised in one of those gated communities with a racist covenant where no resident could ever sell to a Black person

 

Because I have a feeling that had that knowledge about him been PUBLIC – I didn’t know about it till I listened to Joy Reid’s profile of the man this year – I have a feeling that whole interrogation might have gone differently … and worse for the candidate even than KKKavanaughStop’s




 

So for those of us interested in preserving democracy – because it sure does feel here in upside down time with the Legion of Doom in nominal charge that we are dashing the wave up against a true Wall of the Ignorant – can we learn & practice with the tools we already have that we might not have known we had, so when it really comes time to use them in less than 50 days we’ll have practiced enough for the use to be automatic instead of fumbling around with the controls

?


What TV series was so good you have re-watched it more than once?

 

Which song has the best opening riff of all time?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular